Monday, December 26, 2011

A friend, at your typical soup and bread shop, in the middle of some conversation on God knows what, the words, "Forgetfulness is good. If we didn't forget, everything would be overwhelming." He said it quick, and so very nonchalant, as if he himself didn't understand the weightiness to his words, but I took this in.

While I can find myself thankful after having spent an hour revisiting memories, enjoying the beauty and sentiments of a moment's glory, there comes a lapse in time where whatever healing may have come from reminiscing, it turns on itself, and I become wounded.

And so, these days, instead of recollecting, I am practicing forgetfulness, letting what's past live only as pillars that shout, "Then, it was good! And now, now you are better! And after this? The 'more' you didn't know of!" And its been good, easy and easier all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment