Saturday, September 4, 2010

a moment of metropolis

New York is just one of those cities that is simply photogenic... there's so much to see there, so much detail that is missed if you're not paying attention. Me and my family went a couple weeks ago, and oh was it wonderful!

One of my favorite parts of our trip was when we were scurrying through the subway, and we heard these musicians playing some flute-like, wooded instruments. What struck us as we were passing through was that the melody that was building was reminiscent of a WORSHIP song! I believe it was, He is Holy. A couple feet ahead was a street preacher who was speaking on the reality of a Creator God who actually speaks to us. I got chills all over and even felt like I could have gotten saved again. haha The presence of Jesus was there no doubt! His talk was not marked by condemnation, but, in my mind, his talk was likened to John the Baptist who knew of a Kingdom that was coming...

It was such a short second in our trip, but still, of everything we'd seen and experienced, that moment was a comfort and an inspiration for us. I am thankful.

[the Empire State building! my sister & my mum]
[hello vested man]
[the train. they call it "the train" instead of "the subway" in nyc]
[taxi! in Time Square]
[let your light shine. this was actually taken back home,
in a thrift store, finishing off the rest of the summer]
[this is at Ten Top. he sat by the window
& I thought it was a picture perfect moment]

No comments:

Post a Comment