Thursday, April 8, 2010

Food for Thought.

You either trade your life all at once, or you trade it one day at a time over the course of decades. Either way, you trade it for something.
"What will you trade your life for?"
-Neue Magazine, The Reproducing Church

I didn't have much care for this article, but it's initial question struck me, and stopped me from reading any further. What am I willing to trade my life for? More appropriately, what have I already traded my life for? ...What is it that I've given myself to in this life?



If it's for nothing, then all of this is in vain... how terrible would that be?

Oh! The illusions of this world are SO convincing! This idea that momentary pleasure actually lasts for eternity?? Uh, no. No. To live for the whims of this life, in this side of eternity, would be living dead: dead in the inside. I don't want that.

..just some thoughts.
[I should be working on 2 major papers right now... haven't started, yikes!]

1 comment:

  1. Um... I think you still ought to live life as if you are dying. I mean, what's the point of being human if you don't want any pleasure or comfort of what God has given you in the first place? Sure struggle, sacrifice, and hardship are just as important but don't talk down humanity like its nothing, otherwise, join the Opus Dei, now theres theological conservatism for ya ;P

    ReplyDelete