Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Lord giveth and He taketh away.

[A blog entry I never posted Dated: November 26, 2009]

1. The end is near.
2. Jesus is coming.
3. All things are temporary.

These three things have led me to me to this internal struggle that I just need to get out there. The reality that everything that my own hands have established on this earth can be swept away in an instant has been becoming more real to me. It's almost scary. It could all be GONE. This next instant.

Understanding this gives me motivation to leave everything if it's not going to mater in this next instant. I want to know the goodness of the Lord in the midst of trial and tribulation before it happens. Now I understand Job's story.

And so this lifestyle of giving is rooted out of the love and compassion of Christ, as well as the full trust and confidence in Christ who sustains, and that nothing belongs to me, nor will my things remain for eternity.

The Lord giveth and He taketh away.

No comments:

Post a Comment